Open Channel Flow Meter
Rosemount 3101, 3102, and 3105
- Measures liquid height, distance to liquid, volume, or flow in open
- Eliminates problems experienced with contacting instrumentation
- Simple set-up and operation with an integral LCD display and buttons
- Low cost of installation and commissioning.
- Minimal maintenance after installed
- Process downtime minimized
- Non-contacting measurement with no moving parts
- Two integral signal relays (on the Rosemount 3102 only)
- Corrosion resistant PVDF wetted material
- Two-wire 24 V direct current loop-powered
- Operating range up to 36 ft. (11 m)
- Automatic temperature compensation
Advanced software features on the HART transmitters
(Rosemount 3102 and 3105 only)
Learn routine (false echo registration)- The transmitter can learn to ignore up to four false echoes, caused by the pulse signal reflecting off obstructions.
Empty tank mapping- When a tank is empty, the transmitter can learn to ignore up to four false echoes, without the need for user interaction.
Present depth- The bottom reference can be automatically set using a known user-entered depth.
Set as empty- When the tank is empty, the bottom reference can be automatically reset to the measured distance.
Distance offset- The distance to the surface can be adjusted by a user-entered positive or negative offset value.
Level offset- The level can be adjusted by a user-entered positive or negative offset value.
Bottom blanking- The transmitter can be set to ignore an area of the tank bottom to avoid false echoes from obstructions.